Tuesday, July 27, 2010

ALTONA 3.0

The Summer is almost over, I'm hoping you are enjoying the break.

We have read the books, unpacked the standards, and some of you (math and L.A. teachers) will be receiving the district's curriculum frameworks.

This summer I have learned a very simple truth. No matter who gives you what... you will ultimately be the decider! The teacher in the trenches that cuts and chops and focuses like a laser on the essentials. It is a zero sum game and you only have X amount of days to reach your students.

Next Wednesday, I'll present our new agenda, for commentary and input of course!

See you soon, I'm off to CASE, but I'll be back in the building full time beginning next Monday!

1 comment:

Mrs. P said...

Again with the Asian alphabet. Hmm...

You know Joe, every time you say "laser" I picture Dr. Evil doing air quotes. Just thought I'd pass that along.

See everyone tomorrow!